CSI-Piemonte (Consortium for Information Systems) is a leading ICT public company, founded in 1977 by the Piedmont Regional Administration, the University and the Polytechnic of Turin and other public bodies, with the aim of promoting advanced information services and systems among the public administration.
CSI operates in several fields of activity, namely: e-gov, web portals database and networking services, energy and security, DWH and BI, education, environment and territory, healthcare and social welfare services.
From 2010 CSI developed dati.piemonte.it, an open data platform to make available data and information from the Piedmont Region data bases, currently reused also by other Italian regions. Piedmont is the first region in Italy that actually faced the theme of Public Sector Information by providing a regulatory, organizational and technological framework.
CSI-Piemonte has participated in several EU funded projects, individually or in cooperation with other Public Authorities, coordinating activities as project coordinator or WP leader; among these projects the following can be mentioned:
– Open-DAI (Opening Data, Architectures, Infrastructures) funded under the 2011 Call of CIP ICT PSP (project coordinator);
– STORK 2.0 pilot A under CIP-ICT-PSP call 2011, Secure cross border identity management for a single European electronic identification and authentication area.
– PEPPOL, project “Pilot A” funded by the CIP-ICT-PSP programme, for simplification and interoperability of e-procurement solutions of the different Member States
– Lapsi – Legal aspects of Public Sector Information – Thematic network (CIP-ICT-PSP)
– FP6 Information Technology Society, e-government area: PICTURE (Process Identification and Clustering for Transparency in Reorganising Public Administrations
– HOMER project (Harmonising Open Data in the Mediterranean through Better Access and Reuse of Public Sector Information) related to the Call MED-strategic ICT
– ELF: European Location Framework (Building an European Open Geographic Data Platform); CIP-ICT –PSP call 2012