Brief Description of the service:
The service transforms a home (or business premises) into a smart space where the power, lighting and heating can be controlled from a smartphone or tablet. In addition, electricity use and pre-set options can be monitored to manage lighting or powered devices to meet the space requirements or reduce energy consumption.
– Availability and Access: the hardware must be purchased either directly from Electric Corby, The free application to control the energy usage must be downloaded from the app store or Google Play. Energy usage and generation monitors will be available throughout Europe, however equipment that requires a socket to be plugged in is currently only available in the UK and Denmark.
– Reuse and Redistribution: The data obtained from the energy monitoring and generation will be anonymized to protect the interest of the client, however the data will be available to be analysed to garner an insight into public trends of energy usage.
– Universal Participation: everyone must be able to use, reuse and redistribute providing the hardware is compatible with the infrastructure in the region (e.g. sockets and energy outlets) – There should be no discrimination against fields of endeavor or against persons or groups.
Scope and purpose of the service:
The main goals of the Energy dashboard and Monitoring are to:
– Increase understanding of public trends in energy usage
– Develop carbon neutral buildings
– Reduce energy costs/optimising energy use