Overall the project work will be organized along the following groups of activities which map to work packages:
- WP1 – Coordination and project Management: This work package is in charge of the project management, which includes project coordination, administrative project management and coordination among work packages through implementation of the project management structure and procedures.
- WP2 – Open Cloud Shared Platform Architecture: This work package will first elicit requirements and then integrate, test and deliver the CloudOpting platform, which will support the development of the pilot public services and the conduction of the pilot operations. The platform will be integrated and delivered in an iterative fashion on the basis of the customization of background platforms as well as on the basis of the design and integration of the common public services of the CloudOpting platform.
- WP3 – Deployment and shifting existing and new innovative cloud services: The main objective of this work package is to perform a system level analysis of the CloudOpting architecture, define the work methodology used to deploy and migrate existing cloud services on the new framework and realization of the public services migration in the cloud platform. Identification of services to be deployed and their minimum requirements and/or constraints will be documented and clear instructions for their deployment and applicability will be laid down as part of the work executed in this work package.
- WP4 – City Pilots Deployment and Validation: The overall aim of this work package is to conduct the specific activities related to each pilot, maintain the migrated services availability to end users and evaluate the pilots in the four public administrations involved in the project. Every region will be able to setup its own implementation of services through a shared cloud based platform. Some of these innovative cloud services will be: Mobility Services, , Environmental Services, Social Services, Internet of Things and Open Data. The CloudOpting platform will allow the replication level of common and shared services and components
- WP5 – Business Models and sustainability of the solution: The activities included in this WP are aimed to ensure the economic sustainability of the initiatives carried out within this project. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure economic and service benefits for all parties involved. It is the purpose of this WP to define methodologies for calculating TCO regarding the development and provisioning of cloud services. Complementary, business models will define the monetary flows between suppliers, intermediate bodies and ICT suppliers, aimed to ensure economic sustainability.
- WP6 – Dissemination: The main objective is to coordinate, promote and aid in exploiting CloudOpting results. To this end, WP6 will mainly: (i) Increase the understanding and the impact of the CloudOpting project to a wider community at European level ; (ii) Disseminate and make mainly the ICT sector and cities/regions to be aware of the advantages to increase the usage of cloud computing by public administrations by providing a “plug-and-play” platform where public institutions and government bodies can migrate existing IT systems. (iii) Knowledge dissemination oriented ICT&Cities&Regions people through specifically oriented workshops and white papers.
Graphical presentation of the Workpackages showing their interdependencies.